LensTip.com

Lens review

Venus Optics LAOWA 9 mm f/2.8 ZERO-D

20 April 2018
Arkadiusz Olech

10. Focusing

The Venus Optics LAOWA 9 mm f/2.8 ZERO-D has got everything a manual lens of good quality should have. Its manual focus ring is relatively wide, it moves evenly and is well damped. Running through the whole range needs a turn through an angle of about 130 degrees. That value might seem not so big for a manual instrument but with such a depth of field as that provided by the Laowa 2.8/9 it is more than enough.

Please Support Us

The coronavirus crisis has been adversely affecting many businesses and, sad but true, ours is not an exception. Despite that difficult situation we would like to preserve continuity and high quality of publications available on all our websites. Still, we are now aware it might be impossible without additional financial help. That's why we would like to ask all those who visit, read, and care about Optyczne.pl, LensTip.com i Allbinos.com for support - it's enough you send us a small sum of money via PayPal. If a lot people decide to support our websites we think we'll stand a chance and survive next months without any lasting harm. We count on your support and understanding, stay safe and be healthy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - advertisement - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Venus Optics LAOWA 9 mm f/2.8 ZERO-D - Focusing

The situation is even better in practice. In the majority of cases you won’t need to touch the focus ring at all – it’s enough you set it near the infinity mark and it will be quite enough for 90% of all photos. The remaining 10% concerns those moments when you want to shoot something from a closer distance by f/2.8.